The British Bluegrass Music Association (BBMA) has listings of all the UK festivals and the contacts to be approached regarding playing at the festivals. Their Chairman, John Wirtz and his committee are keen supporters of MMBF and they can organize work permits required by The UK Borders Agency for performers who are not UK or European Union citizens.
www.ukbluegrass.com covers everything UK bluegrass and beyond – links to the festivals and bluegrass goings on in the rest of Europe and the world.
The European Bluegrass Music Association (EBMA) has listings of all the European Bluegrass Festivals and contacts.
- EBMA works towards an integrated European bluegrass scene that enjoys strong, mutually supporting relations with international and national organisations.
- EBMA promotes and facilitates the sharing of Bluegrass enjoyment across borders (regional or national)
- EBMA supports bands, fans, musicians, organisations, professionals and everything connected with Bluegrass
- EBMA is a non-profit, professionally-run, dynamic and inclusive organisation
- EBMA adopts the core values of International Bluegrass Music Association.
International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) based in the US.
These are the guiding principles for how we strive to conduct our affairs and underlying beliefs about what is important to us as an organization. They drive the behaviors we want to model with our members, in business and with the public.
- Forward Thinking & Leadership provides us with an endless and outward looking vision and allows us to be proactive in finding the growth critical to our future.
- Positive Working Relationships create goodwill and a spirit of cooperation. Participation is encouraged through personal communication and interaction in an organization that is accessible and responsive.
- Professionalism is our mission and cornerstone of all things important to our industry. In daily practice we endeavor to be more resourceful, educated, creative, aware and dedicated in order to find health and success.
- Integrity is a respected trait we work to earn through truthfulness, honesty, fairness and ethical conduct that fosters goodwill and more productive and humane relationships with one another.
- Honoring Tradition is important, not only to our past, but to our future as we embrace the positive attributes and pride we have in our industry, musical and cultural heritage. Our traditions are the source of intense and powerful resources.
- Diversity & Inclusiveness: Diverse perspectives are encouraged in the expression of bluegrass music. We embrace the participation and involvement in bluegrass by people from all cultures and backgrounds
- Education: Foster a culture of learning and promote continuing education at all levels